Symposium 2019 - One Health
January 19, 2019
Hey Future Vets!
Our annual symposium is rapidly approaching!
We are pleased to partner with OVC Pet Trust and OzTREKK to bring you this event. The symposium will be held on Saturday, January 19th from 9:30 am to 3 pm in the LLC. This year's theme is One Health, and there will be lectures and hands-on workshops designed to give you an understanding of the concept and the roles veterinarians can play in this collaborative field.
There will be a hot lunch provided (with vegetarian options), and current OVC students will sit at each table to chat with you and answer any questions.
Tickets will be $10 for FVC members and $15 for non-members. Ticket sales will be held:
- Wednesday, January 9th at the Winter General Meeting
- Thursday, January 10th from 10:00am-2: 00 pm in the UC room 233
- Friday, January 11th from 10:00am-2:00 pm in the UC room 231
Joining us this year will be:
- Dr. Emily Denstedt, who uses a One Health approach to protect both gorillas and humans in Rwanda
- Dr. Jan Sargeant, who focuses on zoonotic diseases and the role of veterinarians in public health
- Dr. Peter DeSouza, the Acting Director of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Dr. Andrew Peregrine, who focuses on the epidemiology and impact of parasitic infections
This event sells out quickly so be sure to get your tickets early, and we hope to see you all there!