Thank you to all who attended the 2023 Networking Brunches! Please stay tuned for the next school year (the 2023/2024) for more information regarding the 2024 Networking Brunch!
What is our annual Networking Brunch? This event gathers veterinarians from an array of specialties to meet with students to discuss their career path and what a typical day in their work is like. It is a chance for you to ask questions, pertaining to a wide variety of issues that veterinarians face in their daily lives, giving you insight to a particular path that you may choose to pursue in the future.
This year, we are featuring a diverse and highly anticipated group of specialties! These individuals are eager to share invaluable expertise and perspective from their extraordinary fields of study, so be sure to prepare your questions ahead of time. This event is one of our club's most educative and memorable experiences!
The 2023 Networking Brunch will be held with an in-person and a virtual date with different specialist veterinarians at each event!
In Person: Sunday Feb 5th, 11:00 - 1:00, OVC Cafe. FEE: $5. Must be e-transfered to firstname.lastname@example.org before Jan 25th to secure your spot.
Virtual: Sunday Feb 12th, 11:00 - 1:00, Microsoft Teams. FEE: None.
This event is generously sponsored by OzTREKK
In-Person Event Registration Opens: Mon. Jan 16th, 8am REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED; Emails have been sent regarding whether you recieved a spot or were waitlisted.
Virtual Event Registration Opens: Mon. Jan 23rd, 8am REGISTER HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZi4k6-JYeJU607BjSvQEzFUayhY6xUeUfPl-QRrxlYOPIPg/viewform
Sign up opens to members first. Check your email for the registration form! Non-members can sign up the next day when the link is posted publicly. (Link will be posted here and on our Future Vets Club Instagram account, @fvcguelph)
Some details to note:
- You are permitted to attend one or both of these weekends but there is a limited capacity for each event.
- Sign up is first-come, first served, with FVC Members getting priority sign up.
- You may be waitlisted if the event is full when you sign up. Once sign-ups close, emails will be sent out to confirm if you got a spot.
- You will be seeing four vets for each Sunday that you attend; you can indicate preference when you sign up, however it is not guaranteed you will be able to see the vets you request. Please consider that everyone is interested in speaking to many of the veterinarians.
- Please note that this event is first come first serve, so if you would like to increase your chances of being placed with the vet that you would most like to see, register as early as possible
- You will have a designated time of 20 minutes to speak in a group with each veterinarian that you are scheduled for.
- Once registration closes, you will receive an email from us regarding whether you were waitlisted or received a spot, and further information about the event.
Take a look below and see this year's amazing lineup!